Saturday 1 October 2011

The Saga Begins...

This blog is intended to form the spine of the story I write for my son. I make no bones about its cheesy nature or poor attempt at grandeur. I appreciate any and all criticism, please don't be offended if I don't respond or don't follow all your advice - I still appreciate your time!


In the meantime I may well write about other things. We'll see.

Would you like to know more?



In the Beginning

Quiet! Listen awhile to the tale.
It begins as we all know
When the LORD God reached down from
His Heaven,
To create our world from nothing;
To breathe life into the dust;
To delight in the lives of His creation.


And so it was: seven ages of the world;
Seven ages of man from birth;
And on the eighth day God sent
His greatest gift to His people:
His created people whom He loved.
He reached down and sent
His Son.


His Son went to those who were lost,
Saved those who were broken,
Called to those who deaf,
Painted for those who were blind,
Ran with the lame, spoke with the mute,
Rejoiced with those who mourned,
And danced with the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment